Friday, August 24, 2012

What's been happening on the mountains round here

First up I have to say sorry to those of you who were hoping for a Lilli tale tonight.

Deb and I have decided as a spur of the moment thing to go out to dinner and catch a movie afterwards. So Lilli Labrador Tales will have to be another night.

It is still freezing down this way.  In the city today I looked out of my 12th floor window and saw this stuff falling.

It almost never settles in Melbourne or suburbs. But the mountains around are getting falls.

The ski resorts are having late, heavy falls and are looking forward to a good end to their season.

5 comments:

Linda G. said...

Brrr. Looks cold.

Lisa said...

Oh yeah - now I remember why I don't like winter!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Pretty, but I'm glad you're the one seeing it outside your window, and not me.

Old Kitty said...

Snow!??! No!!! It's summer! The sun is out and it's raining but it's still summer! Take care
x

Misha Gerrick said...

Wow! We also had snow about two weeks ago, but not this much. Or maybe it was, but the mountains are so steep we can't get to the snow.

I know one town close by has no cellphone coverage because the snow cut off the tower's power supply and staff can't get to it to rectify the problem. :-D