Saturday, August 4, 2012

Hilda's Story and a Piccie of the Day

Well the weather has relented a bit, so Deb and I have been out and about today.
I took my camera but did not in the end point it at anything.   I have been a bit uninspired when it comes to finding subjects.

Maybe it is because I have been moving along a bit with my writing?

My WIP Veil of Iron continues to creep along at a reasonable pace. 

I have also been half working on a plot for another book entirely separate to my Veiled stories. I won't say much just at the moment, but it is built around the life of a young woman named Hilda  born in the late 19th Century.  Hilda's story follows her life from her youth in an English village, the start of her working life in service at the local estate, meeting and loving a young soldier during World War I and her life into the mid 20th Century and beyond. 
My idea is to look at the challenges facing a person through those years and to look at the vast changes that occurred during this period through her eyes.

Now for my piccie of the day. This is a subject that certainly captured my eye and inspired a piccie. 

It is a native "Butterfly Flag Iris" (Diplarrena moraea) that I photographed a couple of years ago.

3 comments:

N. R. Williams said...

Greetings.
Love the flower. Your story sounds great. It is so true that at times they just creep along.
Nancy

Kathleen Jones said...

Beautiful iris! I like the sound of your new story. It's difficult, isn't it when a new story starts writing itself in your head before you've finished the last one! You're going to have to let Hilda have her own way!

mshatch said...

I'd say that qualifies as spectacular.