Sunday, September 9, 2012

When things (Al) gets hairy.

Well this morning was wet as so much of the weather has been recently. But the forecast was for clear weather this afternoon. So Deb and I took the opportunity to get out and about.

As we often do we headed for the mountains - our ultimate destination a waterfall.
 We took a detour to check out a granite outcrop with the rather unusual name of “Seven Acre Rock”. 

Despite the sun it was surprisingly cold (my breath was misting) so Deb stayed in the car with her knitting while I made the climb up to the summit.
The view up there was fairly spectacular, although it was a bit hard to see through the haze. But the amazing thing was not a single cloud.  The dead trees are a legacy of the 2009 Black Saturday Bushfires.
I decided to set up my tripod for a self-portrait and as you can see I’ve grown a beard!
Then it was back to the car and off to another section of the ranges. At our second spot it was still cold and the mud from all the rain was enough to see Deb stay with her knitting again.
So I did the walk through the bush myself.
My target the Toorongo Falls which are flowing beautifully not only with rain, but I guess with snow melt coming off the flanks of Mount Baw Baw.

3 comments:

Jai Joshi said...

What a lovely day! And I love your dashing beard.

Jai

Linda G. said...

Gorgeous! I'm so envious of your and Deb's jaunts--what a beautiful country!

Kathleen Jones said...

It looks beautiful - and so does the beard!