Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Spring!

Most days I try to get out of the office for a quick walk at lunch time. For months now it hasn't been a very pleasant prospect. Melbourne has a reputation in Oz for a dreary, wet and cold winter.

This year it has really lived up to that reputation. In buckets!

We count the start of spring in Oz from 1 September, until today the weather has not been very spring like.

Today was different! For the first time since last autumn I left the office without my coat.

It was beautiful!
So nice I turned toward the Carlton Gardens.
So nice and sunny that I broke one of my rules (don't use a phone camera).


I just had to record it because the forecast from tomorrow afternoon is wintry again the rest of the week.

In the Gardens is the Royal Exhibition Building.
 
On my way back I paused to show how close the gardens are to the city (you can see the window to my office in this piccie).

6 comments:

Linda G. said...

Lovely!

This is how I feel about leaving the heat behind and heading into fall.

Carolyn V said...

It's so green! I love the change in seasons!

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I love how you guys get spring right as we get fall. It's just an interesting thing about the angle of the planet.

Jai Joshi said...

I love walks, even if it is rainy and dreary outside!

The Royal Exhibition building looks gorgeous!

Jai

Old Kitty said...

Enjoy this break in the weather! Take care
x

Dawn Simon said...

Cool that your office is right there. It's so beautiful! I hope you get more sunshine soon!