Thursday, April 19, 2012

What is it Wednesday and Grief.

I did not put up my normal post yesterday.

Last weekend a dearly loved family member passed away after a short fight with cancer.
As a result I have been away interstate for the funeral and only returned last night.
I do not have the emotional strength tonight to talk about it any more tonight.

Now three things.
First, this image I posted last week.I hate to say it but the trick was the piccie is taken looking down, not up.

That gorgeous blue is not the sky it’s water!

Meet Mount Gambier’s famous Blue Lake.Deb and I were so close during our recent holiday we couldn’t miss having a look. Mount Gambier is a town just across the border in South Australia. It sits on the flank of two dormant volcanoes that have massive craters and this one contains this beautiful blue lake.
It really is that amazing blue from December to March each year, then in the winter months it reverts to a steel grey colour. If you want to know more you can look here

Second, here is this week’s What is it Wednesday piccie.
It’s a day late but What on Earth do you think this is? Now finally,
For Johnny: 1944 - 2012

6 comments:

Yvonne Osborne said...

I'm sorry about your dear family member.

That first picture is amazing. One would never know it was taken looking down.

Old Kitty said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My deepest condolences to all of you.

I think that's a candle hanging upside down! LOL!

Take care
x

Carolyn V said...

Al, I am so sorry for your loss. I wish I had better words to make the pain go away.

Kristen M. said...

I'm very sorry for your loss, Al. We just lost a close family friend to cancer a few weeks ago so I understand a bit of what you must be going through. My thoughts are with you and your family.

That blue lake is absolutely gorgeous, by the way.

Linda G. said...

I'm sorry for your loss, Al.

As for this week's picture: to me it looks like a broken-off stalactite illuminated from the inside by several agitated fireflies.

Not saying that's what it IS, mind you. Just what it looks like to me. I've given up trying for accuracy with you. ;)

Kathleen Jones said...

So, so sorry Al. Your life seems very stressful at the moment. Thinking of you and Deb.