Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Holiday and a Kind of Milestone

You will have to forgive me but I am going to be posting piccies from our Holiday break for a while to come.
We left for the Western Coast of Victoria around lunch time and arrived late afternoon. Our first port of call was our accommodation to make sure we got checked in.
Then we headed out to make the most of the evening light.
This piccie is the 10,000th photo I have taken with my “new” camera.It is another angle of “The Arch” and was taken about ten minutes after the one I posted the other day.
The sun was dipping towards the horizon and you can see why photographers love evening light. The colours are just that much richer.

We leapt back in the car taking a quick detour along the coast to halt not far from the Twelve Apostles.
Staying clear of the usual tourist strip I cut across country arriving at the coastal cliffs just in time to catch the last of the sunset between one of the Apostles and the mainland.A final shot of the last moment before the sun sank.

5 comments:

Kit Courteney said...

Well, I am jolly pleased you are still using your 'new' camera!

The UK is still very chilly at this time of year so to see some beauty (and to dream) is wonderful!

Old Kitty said...

The Arch is truly amazing! Are people allowed or able to walk along the top bit? Probably not - it looks really jagged!! But it's stunning!!

Take care
x

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Holy moley! Ten thousand pictures??? I'm not sure I've taken that many pictures in my entire life ... (and I'm O-L-D!)

mshatch said...

oh very nice pictures, especially the sun setting. I haven't been able to capture it quite like that - yet.

Unknown said...

Hi Mshatch,
Better luck next time..
Hehehehe..........

Flinders ranges accommodation