Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Where has the week gone?

Somehow it is Tuesday, where did the week go?
Because I have WIIW tomorrow I had better provide the answer to last week's tonight.Nobody guessed 100% right.

Once again I can’t mark Linda G wrong.
It is indeed a cylindrical building with windows!
Linda you would make a great barrack room lawyer.
I guess I have to give you 50%.

The most popular guess was lighthouse which is just dead wrong (although I thought that was what people would guess).
Kitty guessed a turret, I can see that.
Kristen M said NOT a lighthouse, so I guess that deserves 50% for not falling into my trap.
But no one was really close.
Here it is:It is a water tower. This structure is part of the Echuca water supply.

As well as being unusually elaborate for a water tank it has some historical significance from an Oz perspective.
Completed in 1915 it was a civil engineering project supervised by John Monash who went on to become Australia’s most senior General in World War One.

For those of you who are interested, Echuca sits at the junction of the Murray River and the Campaspe River on the border between Victoria and NSW. It's on the southern bank of the Murray which means it is in my current home state, Victoria.

7 comments:

John Going Gently said...

I absolutely LOVE this building... its cracking.!!

Old Kitty said...

Aha! It's a water tower! Not a magical fairy story turret with a Rapunzel princess inside!?!?

:-)

Now I am trying to work out what WllW means...!
Yay!

Take care
x

Linda G. said...

Hey, partial credit is better than none! *grin*

And, yes, lack of specificity is a rather lawyer-esque trait, isn't it? ;)

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Very nifty. I NEVER would have come up with water tower.

Kristen M. said...

I'll take the 50% and be happy with it. ;) That's a really interesting water tower!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Very cool water tower!

Myrna Foster said...

I've never seen a water tower with windows.