Friday, March 2, 2012

Some wild stabs in the dark and the heart of the matter

Well there were some wild stabs in the dark this week!

Kitty you remind me of Alan Davis on QI randomly firing things off on the odd chance of scoring!

John, if I saw a serial killer creeping up to the house I would not be hanging around to take piccies!

Charmaine got it half right with her guess of flowers!

Linda G, OK I can’t say there isn’t a blob in there.

Susan, again I have to give your answer half marks.

Marcy, it is a reflection so I guess you do a bit better than half marks.

But the out and out winner hitting the target square on is Carolyn V.
It is a reflection of flowering trees in a lake!I took this one evening at the tail end of last winter (last August) Most of last winter was so mild down here that the wattle began flowering early. This is on the Eildon pondage just down the Goulburn River from Lake Eildon. The yellow flowering trees are a black wattle (probably Acacia mearnsii) a wonderful native here in Oz but an invasive weed in some other countries to which it has been introduced.

9 comments:

Hidden Idol said...

It Looks very soft and peaceful evening, Your photo is very good and off course it`s the only thing that remains your memory.

Old Kitty said...

Oh it's not a close up of swamp people?!!? I'm so disappointed! LOL!!

Yay for Carolyn V!! WOW!!! that's one amazing guess - spot on!

Take care
x

Linda G. said...

Well, see, I just astutely noticed the blob hiding under the water. Obviously. *grin*

Jai Joshi said...

I missed this one on Wednesday but I probably would have gotten it wrong anyway! The reflection of flowers would have been farthest from my mind! I probably would have said snakeskin or something like that.

Jai

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Tricky, tricky!

mshatch said...

lovely picture - glad I was on the right track :)

Wendy Lyman said...

I won't pretend I knew what it was, but what I do know is that the blue eye watermark on this blog page kind of freaks me out. You don't see it while reading a post, but when you scroll down to the white space...boom! there it is.

Carolyn V said...

Sweet! I got it right? I can't believe it. ;)

It's a gorgeous picture. You're so lucky to live around such beauty.

MTeacress said...

I like this game. I was going to say a tree trunk...