Saturday, August 31, 2013

A masked mystery

Deb and I have just arrived home late from visiting our girls at Yamba.

Having them close is not at all good for the amount of time we spend working on our house.

SO a quick post to answer WIIW, well tricky worked because no one was very close.

Linda G guessed: “A close-up of a lemon peel?”
Well it is the right colour, but it is a rather more animated object.

Indigo suggested: “Looks like foam insulation.”
Alas it is a living creature…

John said: “Your palm”
Closest so far, but it is not a self portrait.

Marcy guessed: “My first thought was insulation, too, or maybe a fuzzy yellow blanket :)”
Unfortunately not, but it is something your son would like.

This is a Spur-winged Plover Vanellus miles (also called a Masked Lapwing) she is puffed up because she is hiding her chicks from me.

4 comments:

Sage Ravenwood said...

Never in a million years would I have guessed that one. Delightful surprise. (Hugs)Indigo

Lisa said...

I thought foam insulation, too, but then I knew that was too obvious for you! Never would have guessed a bird beak!

mshatch said...

Wow. That would have been my last guess, lol. Cool bird! My son liked it, too :)

Linda G. said...

Okay, I think you should start classifying your WIIWs as animal, vegetable, or mineral right off the bat, just to give us a fighting chance. ;)