Well the weather has been playing havoc with building this past weekend.
But we managed to make fairly good progress in between the rain showers.
In this area we have only had 35 fine days since Christmas and half of them were in January!
A dry day has become a topic of conversation, and excitement!
So we lost most of Friday, it was simply too wet.
But Saturday was better and Sunday was actually sunny all day!
Unfortunately, I don't have any piccies taken along the way because we were just plugging on, but this is where we finished last night.
This piccie shows the view through the new west window.
The trestle is what I have been using to get high enough to work on the side of the house.
The two small trees just outside are ancient peach trees, at least fifty years old.
The west wall of our lounge has been re-framed, the window
flashed and in and the whole made temporarily watertight with foil
sarking. I have rebuilt the whole wall because the new window is larger then the old, but fortunately the old timbers were less rotted so I have been able to recycle many of them back into the frame.
This piccie shows the side of the house after I had packed up. I think I mentioned once before the little tank stand on the side is the hot water system.
Hot water is heated by a slow combustion wood stove in the kitchen (or will be again). The firewood is cut from dead wood off the farm. Treading softly here we come.