Friday, July 20, 2012

Orange Skies

Well when I posted this piccie for WIIW I knew it would be a suitably tricky challenge. The colour is a misdirect and the objects are moving too fast to really be captured by the camera.

But I have to say when I posted the second part as a clue I really thought the shape of these objects would give it away.

But no it was still a mystery!

Linda I have to say yes the colour is very like Mars, but this piccie was taken out my back door.

Alas Anne, while “Christmas in July” is a growing tradition in Oz it isn’t Chrissy lights.
Kitty rivets? I can see that, but no sorry.
Marcy sorry you won’t take our winter weather off us.
Well Misha, I have to give you a good 60% you are in the right area.  It is light taken through falling drops of water. The Camera is pretty still, but the drops are accelerating the further they fall.
 Here it is I took this back around January. We had a wild summer storm with rain so heavy it was overflowing our gutters.

Then as the sun set it dipped beneath the murk and lit the clouds up with this eerie orange light

7 comments:

Linda G. said...

Huh. Right there in Oz? Still looks Martian to me. ;)

Al said...

Well Oz is pretty strange!

Old Kitty said...

Fiendish!! Utterly fiendish!!! LOL!!!

Take care
x

mshatch said...

I must agree with old kitty.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

The colors in that sky are absolutely breathtaking. How lucky you are to have seen something this beautiful right outside your window.

Misha Gerrick said...

Yay! I was pretty close. :-D

This was a tricky one.

Al said...

Yes Susan I am amazingly lucky!

Hi Misha,
Well done!