Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday - But no Swan Watch (Sorry)

An extremely quick post tonight.

For those of you hanging out for a dose of cygnet cuteness I have to say sorry.

I did try to catch up with our swans on Friday afternoon, but I got chased back inside by cold wet weather before I found them.

I have been away all weekend in Gippsland (eastern Victoria), and didn't get back until after dark.

So all I can say is I will try to catch up with them during the week (weather permitting).

Now as a slight consolation: a piccie I took at dawn this morning down at Cape Patterson in Gippsland.
Time allowing I will post about my Gippsland trip this week. I've come back with 600 odd piccies and once I have sorted them I will share more.

6 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Awwww it's a lovely pic of dawn over the incredibly named Gippsland!

Glad you had a fab trip - looking forward to your pics!

And Mr and Mrs Swan with swanlings! :-)

Take care
x

Jemi Fraser said...

That's an excellent consolation prize! Hope the swans are doing well :)

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I would love to see real live swans. I've seen plenty of geese (they can be nuisances) and ducks come to our backyard pond every spring. A swan couple would be so welcome.

Theres just life said...

Don't worry Al. Life has away of interfering at times. It likes to let us know we are not in total control. It is.
Relax, slow down and get your bearings. You will be back on course soon.

Lola Sharp said...

A lovely picture, indeed! Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

It always jars me a bit when I think of our seasons being opposite. I'm roasting my ass off in the blistering heat here, and you're freezing in a winter. I wish there was a way we could pass each other a little of each other's weather for a more happy medium.

Have a wonderful week!

Al said...

Hi Jennifer,
It was nice, but hopefully we’ll catch up with the swans soon.

Hi Jemi,
Pleased you like it!

Hi Karen,
You have white swans in the USA don’t you? I seem to remember Pa accidentally shooting one in one of Laura Ingalls Wilder’s books?

Hi Pamela Jo,
At least it was a nice interference. I actually had quite a nice week end.

Hi Lola,
You are most welcome.
It certainly is an interesting world, it would be a very handy thing indeed. I could share a bit of the wind we are getting off our snow fields right now :-)