Well as I said last night I have had a hectic three day weekend working on our cottage.
So first up I did some framing work on one of the bathroom walls.
Then I shoehorned in the first of the windows I ordered.
We have a bathroom window!
And from the outside.
But then a real downer, on Saturday I began on the diagonally opposite corner of the house, at what will be our bedroom.
As I began tearing the old weatherboards off I found the bottom wall plate was completely rotted through, here…
(the blue piece of timber is a temporary prop to hold up the corner of the house)
The old boards have been leaking, possibly for decades and a lot of the frame is rotted.
This means more expense and more time. Sigh.
But by Saturday evening I had shot an hour’s drive down the mountain to collect some replacement timber and managed to salvage some of the original timber to reuse.
Sunday morning saw me working on reframing the bedroom wall.
Then as it began threatening rain I started covering the wall in insulation foil.
This will be the view out our bedroom window. I have to say I love the mountains and the way it feels as if you are in the weather.
So just before dark I had the foil over the wall finished. It will keep the weather out for the coming week.
Next weekend is Easter which means four days in a row working on the cottage!