Friday, November 27, 2009

Over The Top

Shortly before I took my moving enforced break I was given an “Over The Top” blog award by Brian at Old Man’s Inspirational Thoughts
Thanks Brian!

And here are the rules for this award:
1.) Thank and post URL to the blog that gave the award.
2.) Pass the award along to 6 brilliantly over the top blogs (blogs you love!) Alert them so they know to receive the award.
3.) Copy and paste this quiz... Change the answers, ONE word only...feel free to fudge here!

1. Where is your cell phone? Desk
2. Your hair? Greying
3. Your mother? Nurturing
4. Your father? Gone
5. Your favorite food? Curry
6. Your dream last night? Forgotten
7. Your favorite drink? Cappuccino
8. Your dream/goal? Publish
9. What room are you in? Study
10. Your hobby? Writing
11. Your fear? Grief
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Content
13. Where were you last night? Home
14. Something that you aren't? Liar
15. Muffins? Rich
16. Wish list item? Camera
17. Where did you grow up? Bush
18. Last thing you did? Read
19. What are you wearing? Casual
20. Your TV? Unimportant
21. Your pets? Gone
22. Friends? Cherished
23. Your life? Challenge
24. Your mood? Happy
25. Missing someone? Partner
26. Vehicle? FIAT
27. Something you're not wearing? Tie
28. Your favorite store? Bookshop
29. Your favorite color? Blue
30. When was the last time you laughed? Morning
31. Last time you cried? Friday
32. Your best friend? Partner
33. One place that I go to over and over? Bed
34. One person who emails me regularly? Friend
35. Favorite place to eat? Seaside

Choosing six bloggers? I hate this point, I read quite a number of blogs which I really enjoy and choosing between them always seems so hard.

Two of my favourite bloggers Kathleen and Wendy are uncomfortable about spreading memes. So in all good conscience I won’t pass this on to them. BUT check out their blogs, they are both published authors in the real world and I think it shows.

This leaves decisions, decisions…

Drum roll…

The award goes to:

Tasha at Heidenkind’s Hideaway. Tasha is an art historian who mainly focuses on reviews, but she chucks in some posts on really varied and interesting topics.

The Accidental Londoner talks about her life as a Midlands (small town) girl adjusting to life in the big smoke of London.

Jenners at Life With a Little One and More. Jenners posts on whatever seems to grab her attention at the time with a general focus on what she learns from being a parent of a “little un”.

Rebecca at Living a Life of Writing. Rebecca writes profusely on her thoughts about writing and publishing.

Shelli at Market My Words. Shelli posts about publishing with a focus on marketing oneself with the aim of getting published.

Lisa at Lit and Life. Sorry Lisa, I’m only giving you this award to compensate you for the strange affliction of being a Geelong Cats supporter even though you live in the USA.
I cant say that! What I meant to say is - Lisa is a profuse poster of book reviews.

As a postscript an image.
This rustic and apparently abandoned farm shed sits beside the road between Ballarat and Clunes on the Central Victorian Gold Fields.
I find this image quite poignant. There is beauty in this image of decay. Yet if you look closely you can see that before this building’s last incarnation as a shed it served another purpose. The large doors in the front are a later addition each of these bays used to have two windows and a narrow doorway that were later bricked up. While the side wall had a large opening with an arched top, maybe a window or a doorway?
One wonders what purpose it served. Maybe a small inn beside what was a busy road? A former staging post for the famous Cobb & Co coach company? Or perhaps a humble dwelling for farm labourers?

10 comments:

Heidenkind said...

Thank you so much, Al! Congratulations on your award. :)

Anonymous said...

Capuccino! A man after my own heart! I just had one this afternoon; the only real addiction I have. The hubby brought one home from starbucks (I know, they're evil) but so good!

Kathleen Jones said...

Great to see you back Al!
X
Kathleen

The Rainbow Bank said...

Hi Al and congratulations on the award,Brian is a canny lad!
Is the photo of the barn,your new house?

Lisa said...

Congrats on the award, Al, and thanks! Surely you're not mocking me for cheering on the winners of the 2009 premiership?! Did you know that "cappucino" means "little monk?" I just learned that this morning and will now chuckle every time I drink one!

Al said...

Hi Tasha,
You are most welcome and most deserving.

Hi Christy,
If they are your main vice, cappuccinos can't be seen as too wicked! Melbourne is the Oz capital of coffee, there are so many good places. I've had five caps in three days now, maybe they are evil.

Hi Kathleen,
Thank you, It's good to be back.

Hi Simon,
Cheeky sod! It is a gorgeous old building though, I love relics.

Hi Lisa,
Thank you, and you are most welcome!. Of course I am, Geelong isn't my team. With "Footy" as the semi official religion of Victoria, the rules are you rubbish (in a good natured way) anyone who isn't wise enough to support the one true team ..... (insert name of your own team). I didn't know that, but of course it makes sense because I did know that Capuchin monkeys were named after Franciscan monks.

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Bookshop! Hear, hear!
Bet that was fun--congrats on the award!

Al said...

Hi Alyssa,
Thanks for commenting!
There is almost no other kind of shop I like any more. But I can spend hours in a bookshop.
The whole answer in one word thing was fun. Thank you!

Jenners said...

Thank you so much for thinking of my blog!!! I do tend to write on whatever catches my mind ... you figured me out! I've been on a bit of a blogging hiatus so I'm sorry it took me so long to come over and thank you for this. Also, I tend not to pass on awards ... although I do like the idea of this one and answering the questions in one word ... not something I'd be very good at! : )

Accidental Londoner said...

Hi Al,
Many thanks for my award (my first one!). I'm honoured to be among many "proper" writers!

Thank you very much,
Accidental Londoner