Monday, December 5, 2011

Deja vu: computer style

Thank you all for your comments about my Kookaburra post. I was surprised to hear so many people knew the "Kookaburra sits in an old gum tree" song. The song has been in the news lately I must tell you about it soon, but probably not for a few days at least

It was only back in June that I was offline for days with computer problems.
Well my machine is causing me headaches again.

I had the blue screen of death on Saturday morning and windows wouldn't start again afterwards.

So I loaded Ubuntu via a cd installation and managed to get off all my un-backed up photos which took me most of Saturday.

Now I have begun reinstalling windows. It seems to be working but I have a niggling feeling it is a hardware problem. I can't really afford a new computer at the moment (I have an expensive camera habit to support) but the old one is just too old to be worth fixing hardware issues.

Anyway it is likely this will be my last post for a few days.
As a tide you over two random photos from my web archive.


Working windmill, Oatlands Tasmania

Rainbow Lorikeets NSW

5 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Oh noes! :-( I'm so sorry!! I cannot live without my pc so am just devastated for you. I hope you find some solution soon and return with this most intriguing tale about the Kookaburra song! Take care and see you soon!! x

Linda G. said...

Oh, no! Maybe Santa will bring you a new computer.

Kathleen Jones said...

Hope to see you back on line soon! On the pics - maybe you should take up cloud computing?

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Wonderful pictures, but lousy about the problem with the world's biggest oxymoron: Windows Works. Good luck.

Al said...

Hi Jennifer,
climbing back with a new machine.

Hi Linda,
I guess i have to be my own Santa.

Hi Kathleen,
I use cloud to synchronise my writing across computers, but it's not really practical with my 1,000s of large capacity photos.

Hi Susan,
thanks on the way back now.