Monday, May 17, 2010

Reflecting

Back on the fifth of May Niki of Wool’n’Nuts tagged me .
Thanks Niki this seems like fun.

As I reflect I will share some reflections I caught with my camera this evening.

I must answer the following five questions five times and then tag five people, so here goes:

Question 1 - Where were you five years ago?
1. Living in another state (Queensland), I am on my third state/territory since then.
We moved to the ACT (Australian Capital Territory) and now Victoria.
2. Writing the second (kind of first – it’s a long story) draft of the book I am about to publish.
3. Renovating our house.
4. Watching as our eldest finished her final year of high school.
5. Trying to decide what our future would hold.

Question 2 - Where would you like to be five years from now?
1. Hopefully living in the same state (either that or somewhere exotic overseas).
2. Publishing my third novel.
3. Owning our own house again. I’m sick of renting already.
4. Watching our girls graduate from University.
5. More financially stable than we are at the moment.

Question 3 - What is (was) on your to do list today?
1. Go to work.
2. Supervise staff.
3. Feed homeless people.
4. Go to Melbourne Town Hall for a meeting with Melbourne City Council Staff.
5. Do a blog post.Question 4 - What 5 snacks do you enjoy?
1. A ripe peach.
2. Dried fruit and nut mix.
3. A Four ‘n Twenty pie.
4. Dark chocolate.
5. More dark chocolate.Question 5 - What would you do if you were a billionaire?
1. Buy more chocolate.
2. Write full time.
3. Travel the world and take lots of piccies.
4. Establish a foundation to help people out of homelessness.
5. Put my feet up.I choose to tag:
Jemi over at Just Jemi

Susan over at Susan Fields

Jennifer over at Ten Lives and Second Chances

“B” at B. Miller Fiction

Yvonne at The Organic Writer

17 comments:

Yvonne Osborne said...

Hi Al!
I enjoyed your answers but wonder what a Four 'n Twenty pie is?
Thanks for tagging me....I think!
lol:)

I'll get to this asap as soon as I figure myself out.

You always have the grandest pictures.

Susan Fields said...

What do you mean you want to live somewhere exotic overseas? You do live somewhere exotic! At least it seems that way to me over here in St. Charles, Missouri. :)

I loved your answers, it's so much fun to learn more about blogging buddies. Thanks for the tag! I've already had this one, so I think I'll put my own spin on the questions - I hope that's okay!

Old Kitty said...

Awwww thank you for tagging me!

I love your answers: I hope you get to put your feet up sooner rather than when you become a billionaire!

And good luck with your writing! And glad to know you like chocolate too.

And what is a four n twenty pie?

:-)

Take care
x

Jaydee Morgan said...

Loved the answers and learing more about you :) The pics were just a bonus.

JournoMich said...

I agree with Susan. Though the grass is always greener, eh? And what's a Four and twenty pie?

What a great post!

Did I miss something about your book? It's about to publish?!?! Congrats!!! When is the release date? What is the title/subject? Where do I get one?

Michele
SouthernCityMysteries

Anonymous said...

I'm totally with you on the dark chocolate. Please, do enlighten us on the Four n Twenty Pie. Gorgeous photos, as always.

Anonymous said...

Great photos!

B. Miller said...

Oh nice!! I love these little surveys. I actually just did this one last week! Thanks so much for tagging me... I want to know about the four and twenty pie too! :D

Jemi Fraser said...

Thanks so much for the tag! I'm honoured :)

I'm with the others - we all want to know about that pie! I'm with you on the peaches and dark chocolate! Yummy!

Myrna Foster said...

Do I dare ask what's inside a Four 'n Twenty pie? The blackbirds are made out of dark chocolate, right?

And you're hoping to have published your third novel? Do you have novels already published, and somehow I've missed this?

Thanks for sharing your beautiful pieces of sky!

Ann said...

Chocolate and more chocolate....I am with you there. Lovely Photos as usual. Congrats on the award!

Elspeth Futcher said...

I'm with you on the travel thing - more is always better. Why can't it be cheaper, though? Add my request for knowledge to those asking about four and twenty pie.

Wendy R said...

Tag is a nice idea...Funny how revealing some of these questions (and answers) can be. Your billionaire wishes include the wonderfully virtuous one about the homeless which shows you are all of a peice. Good on you.
If justice were were served your virtue should bring you a lot of luck, a reasonable lump of cash and so much affection. w

DJ Kirkby said...

I like this, can I tag myself? I want to use it for a lazy Sunday post one week.

Al said...

Hi Yvonne,
I hope you forgive me but I am answering your question with another post.
Have fun with the meme.
I’m pleased you like my piccies

Hi Susan,
Missouri sounds quite exotic from down here. I must be honest and say I was thinking more along the lines of Tuscany, Provence, or Interlaken.
Have fun with customising the meme.

Hi Kitty,
So do I the likelihood of me becoming a billionaire any time soon (or ever) is pretty low.
Thank you for your wishes! Yeah me and half the world (or more) like chocolate.

Hi Jaydee,
Happy to oblige on both counts!

Hi Michele,
Thank you!
The grass is absolutely always greener. Although, I can appreciate what we have here.
No you haven’t missed anything I’ll post about progress soon.

Hi Christine,
Thank you!
Dark chocolate – yummy!

Hi Milo,
Thank you!

Hi B.,
These memes are usually fun aren’t they. Have fun with this one!

Hi Jemi,
You are most welcome. Have fun!

Hi Myrna,
Nope, but a dark chocolate pie certainly sounds good!
No you haven’t missed anything. But number 1 Veiled in shadows is getting close.

Hi Ann,
Yes, thank goodness they say chocolate (especially dark chocolate) is good for you.
Thank You!

Hi Elspeth,
More travel is always better (except for jet-lag). If it were chaeaper I would certainly do a whole lot more!

Hi Wendy,
This sort of meme can be fun!
I couldn’t have a billion without spreading it round. It just wouldn’t seem fair.
In terms of affection at least I am pretty lucky.

Hi DJ,
Of course you can tag yourself! Have fun with it!

Cynthia Reese said...

OK, maybe I missed it, but what is a 4-and-20 pie? It's not ... blackbirds ... is it?

B. Miller said...

Thanks so much! I loved your answers... :)