Saturday, May 22, 2010

Mist

Well it is 9:45 pm Saturday as I type this and I have just come in from a long day driving and sightseeing.

I am using my usual (and slightly pathetic) excuse that it has been a long day and I am therefore going to do a quick post.

Last time I posted I said I would talk about my book and how publishing is going. However, I seem to have enjoyed the lying meme of last week so much that I am still telling porkies and I am not going to talk about the book tonight.

I think I will have some more interesting news about the book in the next couple of days, so I am going to be unkind and make you wait.

Anyway, this morning I leapt out of bed quite early and peered out the bedroom window.

It was a misty morning so, instead of taking my time and having a lazy breakfast, I shot out to try to capture the mist.

Two blocks from our house is this paddock which I thought looked quite pretty through the mist.Then as I walked along the fence line looking for new angles I spotted this. The droplets of mist caught in this cute little web highlight it beautifully.

One more piccie of a big scribbly gum in the paddock as the mist continued lifting.
Then I found another web.That was that, I went home to find Deb just getting up and we made our plans for today.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your misty pictures!

Can't wait to hear your book news.

Kyna said...

It's amazing how something as normal as mist and a spider web can look so beautiful if you capture them just right.

"One more piccie of a big scribbly gum in the paddock"

...I read that out loud. Sounded like it was out of the book 'A Clockwork Orange' or something. But way less violent ;)

Old Kitty said...

Web constructions are amazing aren't they?? I think they're a wonderful work of art - the most subtle, perfect and deadly!

But you are such a tease! I've got my champers to the ready! :-)

take care
x

Jemi Fraser said...

I love mist! It can evoke so many images, so many stories. Awesome photos! :)

Anne Gallagher said...

Your pictures are breathtaking! And I love misty foggy mornings. It makes the world seem so surreal.

prashant said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Talli Roland said...

Beautiful! I always love your photos.

Unknown said...

There's nothing quite like a misty morning.

Gorgeous photographs.

Josie said...

What beautiful photos...quite a talent there. I always find it amazing when someone has the patience and eye to spot some of natures often overlooked treasures! Funny...these are the same qualities that make a truly great writer as well!

Lisa said...

Oh misty days are the best for getting great shots of spider webs!

Kathleen Jones said...

Beautiful shots! Look forward to news of the book.

Theresa Milstein said...

Those are amazing pictures. Where you live must provide ample inspiration.

Can't wait to hear your news.

DJ Kirkby said...

I came here hoping to rest my eyes on some photos. Thank you for not letting me down :)

nothingprofound said...

Lovely photos! I love mist and cobwebs, metaphorically they seem to go so well together.

Anonymous said...

Wow - wonderful pictures! I don't think I've ever truly been in awe of spider webs before (although I really lay the blame for this entirely upon the fact that I only discover them as I'm walking through them).

Al said...

Hi Christine,
Pleased you liked them.
Sorry you’ll have to wait just a bit longer to hear about the book.

Hi Kyna,
As you say he mundane can be beautiful if looked at the right way.
Thank you for the praise, I hope my posts are less violent than A Clockwork Orange :-)


Hi Jennifer,
Webs are fascinating. Not all are beautiful like these, but they are certainly all amazing pieces of engineering.
I am a tease, I just can’t help it. Unfortunately because of circumstance the wait will be a bit longer.

Hi Jemi,
Thank you! I love the mist too, it feels so mysterious that any number of stories could spring from it.

Hi Anne,
Thank you. I love foggy mornings too. The mist can take an everyday landscape and breath wonder into it.

Hi Tali,
Thank you! Pleased you enjoy my efforts.

Hi Wendy,
You’re right, and thank you!

Hi Johanna,
What can I say. You humble me mate, thank you.

Hi Lisa,
Misty days certainly are the best for snapping webs, it is nearly impossible to get them other times. I know, I’ve tried.

Hi Kathleen,
Thank you! Just a little more waiting.

Hi Theresa,
Welcome to my blog! I am lucky to live in a great place, and not too far from even better ones!
.
Hi DJ,
I am pleased I didn’t disappoint :-).


Hi Nothingprofound,
Thank you! Now you point it out, both are beautiful metaphors for the tenuous.

Hi Kimberly,
Thank you!
Yuck, there is little worse than getting a face full of spider web , and there is always that uncomfortable thought, “where is the spider?”