Friday, July 19, 2013

One Guess, One Winner.

Well there was only one guess for this week's WIIW
I thought it was easier than recently and said so.

Linda G disagreed with the statement: "Easier? You must be kidding!"

Well Linda I have to say it was easy because your throwaway guess: "Looks like a demented termite's path over a piece of petrified wood to me. *grin*"

Is so close to the truth I have to give you 100%

Not petrified wood, it is tree bark. Not a termite, but a moth larvae.

Meet a Scribbly Gum, this common Eucalyptus is so named because the boring caterpillars leave these amazing marks on their bark. This is one where they have been particularly busy!










2 comments:

mshatch said...

Darn I missed this! Not that I would have guessed correctly... Pretty cool that a bug can make all those marks.

Linda G. said...

Ha! And here I thought I was being totally off the wall. *grin*