Sunday, July 28, 2013

A WIIW hazard and Piccie of the Day

There were only two guesses for WIIW last week.
 
 Old Kitty guessed: "A rip in the fabric of the space time continuum? LOL! Oh I am kidding!!
Tarmac tear? Although that's not confined to rural areas! LOL"

While Linda G guessed:"Is it a drought-related crack in the ground?"

Well neither is close, unfortunately the hazard was of a more personal nature.

This was my boot after I hit my foot with an axe!

I have been splitting wood for over forty years and have never done something so dopey before.

Luckily I had decent boots on and the blow hit between my big toe and second toe, so I ended up with a cut about an inch long. By a week later it was all healed up.

Now a little nicer subject, a rainforest flower I photographed today (make sure you click on it to enlarge it).

3 comments:

mshatch said...

Glad your injury wasn't worse! And that is a very pretty flower!

Jai Joshi said...

Holy crap! I'm glad it wasn't a worse injury. That could have gone so wrong.

Jai

Linda G. said...

Oh, my gosh! You were lucky indeed. I'm glad we don't have to start calling you "Toeless Al."