Wednesday, June 12, 2013

What to do for a WIIW?

Well, it is day two of my 3 day job induction course.

It happens to be at Port Macquarie which is one of the more popular tourist traps on the NSW (New South Wales) coast.

As you can see from this piccie taken out my hotel window this far north in NSW is a sub-tropical climate. For those of you in the USA think about New Orleans in terms of latitude.
 

So in answer to Marcy's question of a few weeks ago, we don't get a lot of snow. Not even at 3,500 feet where our cottage is. Down the road a bit where it is over 4,000 to 5,000 feet there is snow most winters but it usually only stays on the ground a day or two (at the most).

So on the whole it is much warmer here than it was where we used to live in Victoria. Mountains that high in VIC have a permanent snow cover in winter, and end up being ski resorts which is a whole other story...

Now it is Wednesday, but I left my hard drives with my piccie archive at home so I have had to take an image this evening to use for my What is it Wednesday.

I'm hoping this one will flummox you!

So with out further ado, what on earth do you think this might be?

 


3 comments:

Old Kitty said...

It's the bit of rope tying a boat to a dock!
:-) Take care
x

Linda G. said...

I agree with Old Kitty. Either that, or it's the tail of an extremely tense rat. ;)

mshatch said...

A rope lying against a wall or maybe a jetty - I know I'm late to the party again but I didn't peek ahead I swear.