Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Internet Woes and a Cottage Update

It seems that all I ever do lately is grumble about our internet issues.

We seem to have internet connection for about 24 hours, then it goes down again...

Ah well, at least we have more positive things to focus on.

We have 80% finished the cladding on the outside walls of the cottage. So now we are going to turn to the interior.
As you can see the place is a shell at the moment this is the lounge room. The grey sheet is tile underlay for the bathroom floor.

despite the  incompleteness Deb and I are hoping to move in soon.

You see at the moment we are boarding in my Mum and Stan's (my step-father) house down at the front part of the farm. As lovely as it is in many ways, Deb and I are ready for our own space again.

This next piccie is of what will be the bedroom, as you can see there is a way to go!

Thank goodness my new job means I will be able to spend four days a week here soon...

5 comments:

Old Kitty said...

You're now doing up the interior? That's great progress!!!! Fingers and everything crossed you and Deb and Lilli!! move in soon! Take care
x

mshatch said...

I'd love to work on a project like that where the end result is my own little cottage :)

Can't wait to see more!

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Excited to see the finished product.

Yvonne Osborne said...

The place is coming along and how rewarding to be doing it all yourself. We lived with my folks for a while when we were fixing up our old farmhouse and that really makes you appreciate a place of your own.

Kathleen Jones said...

Hope you can get in there soon Al! We're all too old to be living with our parents!
On the internet - I sympathise. In the Italian mountains it's steam driven.