Saturday, March 16, 2013

An answer

Well I have finally got back to this week’s WIIW.

People were kind of in the right general area.
Marcy guessed: “a close up of a snake's nostrils? Or some other amphibian, maybe?”
It is nostrils but not a snake. 60%

Old Kitty guessed “A bracelet! Tadpoles! A frog!”
Not so close, but I did say bonus points for wildly inaccurate guesses, so that earns 60% too!
Linda said: “The nostrils and mouth of an amphibious animal. Or me on a really bad morning. ;)”
Well it is not an amphibian, but it is an amphibious mammal and it is its nostril and mouth so I guess that earns 100%

Susan guessed: “A salamander face?”

We don’t have salamanders or newts in Oz, so I guess that earns 60% as wildly innacurate.

So what is the mystery beast?

A platypus!

I have only seen these guys in the wild a couple of times, so as you can guess I was happy to catch these shots a couple of years ago.

He/she was sitting on a rock scratching with a back leg.


Then s/he seemed to catch sight of me and shot back into deep water.


3 comments:

Linda G. said...

Yay! I got 100%! :)

mshatch said...

I'll take 60% lol. I hade a feeling it wasn't a reptile because of how wet it looked and as we all know, reptiles are actually quite dry. But I never would've guessed a platypus since we don't have them around here. What odd little creatures!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Rats! You fooled me with that picture the last time you posted it, too.