Monday, March 11, 2013

Pants Free ?

Well I was flat out over the weekend still working on the cottage.
 First I was cleaning up all the demolition rubbish so I can make a start.

Second, I was measuring all the windows. This is a typical example.
As you can see there are some lovely views to be had, but the windows are old and small. They are also quite literally falling to pieces from neglect.
 I managed to get to a window manufacturer to order replacements during my lunch break.
 

Finally, it is jumping the gun a bit, but I put some boards into the hole in the bathroom floor.

I needed to begin something constructive to counterbalance the destruction I have been wreaking on the place recently. Plus it will stop me falling through the hole as I contemplate things like windows!

Eagle eyed readers may have noticed a pair of blue jeans in the above photo.

As odd as I am I not in the habit of working sans pants.

They are actually an old pair I was using to push dust off the boards as I drilled them for nailing (Oz hardwood is so tough it has to be pre-drilled to avoid splitting).

5 comments:

mshatch said...

This is fun watching your cottage take shape :)

Old Kitty said...

LOL!!! Nothing wrong with working away sans trousers...! LOL! Take care
x

Carolyn V said...

Wow. That is so cool that you are fixing up a cottage!

Kathleen Jones said...

Fascinating project. I love these old boarded houses.Hard work though!

Annalisa Crawford said...

Like the way you're considering windows when you seem to have lots of gaps in the walls!