Saturday, October 29, 2011

A Long - Weekend Break

A quick post put up via my mobile phone. (photos from my camera)

Deb and I have again nipped away for a quick break.

This photo gives a clue as to where we are.

You might recognise the colourful rock-face on that mountain in the distance.

It is the Taipan Wall in the Grampians

Back in September I posted about a climb I made up one end of this mountain (following yellow arrows)

I haven't done anything that energetic yet because we arrived quite late.

So only a drive to the west and a half hour walk to get photos of this.

More piccies in a few days!


6 comments:

Denise Covey said...

Hi Al. Dropped in to check out the beautiful pics. Love previous ones too. Hope you and Deb have a great time in the Grampians. I hear your weather hasn't been that kind. Enjoying perfect spring weather in Bris ATM.

Enjoy!

Denise

Tasha Seegmiller said...

This is simply beautiful. Seems like lately I keep finding the Aussie writers, which is only fueling my desire to get to the land down under.

Just found your blog - new follower :)

mpartyka said...

The photo of the waterfall is simply amazing! They are both incredible but getting the water flow is tricky. Well done!

Enjoy your holiday.

mshatch said...

your pictures are inspiring, fyi. thanks!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos. I love the sound of Grampians. Neat word!

Ann said...

As always wonderful photos to make one want to be there! You are always taking such wonderful and interesting weekend trips....extremely envious!!!

Have a wonderful All Hallows Eve/Samhain